Monday, October 5, 2009

Change

It's amazing how quickly a change can come on and how that change can totally effect you. Maybe it's the changing of the weather. From uncomfortably hot to cool and crisp. A feeling comes upon you that brings an inner peace and warmth. Snuggling on the couch with a warm blanket and a loved one by your side (a puppy in my case). It can all happen with a shift in the wind.

One day you may be feeling high and empowered and then something or someone brings that feeling down. It's a shame that this happens but I know I am still not strong enough to fight it off. Most time it takes over before you even know the change is happening. I hope for more change in the future where other people's actions won't influence my mood so much. I long for a time when things will roll off my back and not effect me so much especially when it's not about me directly (when dealing with children though, I don't know if I'll ever be able to let it go as much as I should).

Sometimes when you see an opportunity for a postitive change and it isn't taken, it can be heartbreaking. The effects of that missed chance can effect many people but once the chance for that change has passed, there isn't much you can do about it, especially when it's not in your control. In times as these, we can only hope and pray for another chance for a positive change to come along and it not be missed again.

No comments: